Re: A new Uprising

On Monday 16 August 2004 04:20 am, Marcus Schreiner wrote:
> > FNA:
> >
> > "... carrying invaders from the western part of the galaxy..."
> >
> > Empire:
> >
> > "...our colonies in the northern parts of the galaxy..."
>
> Can a galaxy be divided into north, east, south and west? In Star Trek (is
> this my only knowledge source?) they divide it into sectors alpha, beta,
> gamma and delta.

Certainly.  It's a spiral galaxy, so it's mostly a disc shape with a big round
hub in the center.  So there's N, S, E, and W, no problem.  The only real
trick is figuring out which way is North.

Star Trek does it the way they do because they're pretensious twits.  ;P

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em