Re: Shortcut focusing idle units

Jens Granseuer wrote:
On 25.08.2006 14:54, Henk Jonas wrote:

I would vote for an item in the context menu. Makes it easier for portable ports :-)

I don't know. Is it really that useful. The right-click menu is big enough
as it is, I don't want to clutter it up any more.

The problem with another key is, that mobile devices only have a limited amount of free buttons. You need already buttons for scrolling (which isn't really perfect in the main code), for simulating left and right mouse click and probably for stuff like "Pause", "Fast Exit" and such. Also it is quite hard to remember which additional button was assigned to which key or function. Having something like a submenu in the right-click menu would make things much more easier to find for novice players on mobile devices.
But that's just my 2 cents and of course, knowing that such a functionality exist (which I didn't know btw :-) makes it easy to add it on my own in the Palm OS port.

Regards and thx for this cool game,
Henk

  Henk Jonas
  Palm OS ® certified developer