Re: network game ?

On a peer-to-peer base I don't care about cheating. And peer-to-peer is what I would have in mind when talking about multiplayer. The peer-to-peer mode must be compatible between different ports, let's say every thing in the packet struct is in little endian. I assume the game states too, on a little endian machine? For big endian machine, they might need to adjust the endian. Not a big deal, time isn't an issue for round-based strategy games.

I guess server-based MP with more than 2 players is something really different and if it will work on round-based games, I have no clue.

I might try to add something as I described to the Palm OS port, but it will surely not go conform with the very object oriented approach of the original. It means it wouldn't be a good candidate for original code base. But I could write something like a proof of concept and someone else would need to fit it into the class model...

Regards
Henk

  Henk Jonas
  Palm OS ® certified developer