Re: Finding the SDL

On Thursday 06 January 2005 10:00 pm, Dave Thacker wrote:
> Platform SuSE Linux Pro 9.1
> Crimson Version 0.4.5
>
> Yast says that I have 1.2.7 installed.  When I run ./configure, it bombs
> out here....
> checking for SDL - version >= 1.1.5... no
> *** The sdl-config script installed by SDL could not be found

On Mandrake (and possibly Redhat as well), sdl-config is in a special packaged
called libSDL-versionnumber-devel.  So do a search or something in YaST (I
know, I know, YaST < Mandrake COntrol Center, but do what you can with it)
that looks like an SDL development package, with a description accompanying
it that probably says "Use if you intend to compile/build programs with SDL".

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

It's useless to try to hold some people to anything they say while they're
madly in love, drunk, or running for office.