Re: Zero-padded [map-raw] from CoMET

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 03:45 pm, The Fox wrote:
> > Why do you need that? I mean, who on earth would want to edit the
> > map manually?
>
> Nobody except me :-). Yet. I wanted to "move" the northeastern part of
> the map to the southwestern corner and didn't want to do it in CoMET
> (too much clicking for my taste).

Me too!  Me too!  What was it again?  ;)

Um, seriously, I have wanted to tweak maps by hand when fooling around.  Or=
=20
rather, map, you know, awhile back, whenever CoMET crashed if you looked at=
=20
the monitor funky.

> > (For the record, I like Torinthiel's solution better, but I'm not
> > sure we want to encourage this way of editing maps...)
>
> Well, it's not about the encouraging, it's about the possibility (and
> it looks nicer in the .src) :-). But when someone wants to edit the
> map in the .src, he should be able to write some regexps to allow
> himself to do so. It was just an idea, forget it :-).

Here ya go.  How about being able to work up some cool shell scripts that t=
ake=20
bad maps and turn them into good maps?

And sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused by recent bouncin=
g=20
from my address, as you can see it's all fixed now.  :)  (the one time I se=
nd=20
a payment snail-mail and it takes a frickin' week to get there.  Should've=20
used email, I tell ya)

Dave

> Andrej
> RAMMSTEIN, 22.02.2005 o 20,00, Bratislava Incheba,
> Info: 0904 666 363, http://www.xl.sk

--=20
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=3Dem