Re: Win32 version using cygwin

On 31.01.2007 12:21, Henk Jonas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment I'm updating the Palm version to the latest CVS. To get
> the game data I decided to create the windows version using cygwin. Also
> it will be helpful to get the network stuff running under PalmOS. I got
> some compilation problems:

I don't know if anybody ever tried to compile on cygwin before, but it
would be nice to get this working.

> 1. fileio.h
>
> #if HAVE_DIRENT_H
> # include <dirent.h>
> #elif defined WIN32
> # include <windows.h>
>
> leads on my system to not include the windows.h file which then leads to
> all the windows native defines missing. I had to add windows.h by my own.

Because you HAVE_DIRENT_H or because WIN32 is not defined?
A bit of googling turned up this:

  "Cygwin now does not default to defining WIN32 defines unless
   used with the -mwin32 option."

> 2. fileio.cpp, get_home_dir()
>
> SHGetSpecialFolderPath is missing at the moment. Someone has a clue what
> to include? I'm in a hurry right now and will investigate more in the
> evening if no one came up with some help :-)

Can't help with that.

Jens