Re: Third tutorial map

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:37:55 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02.06.2005 00:34, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
Nice addition to the scenario. Though, I would like to keep the hovercraft
transporting part and instruct the player to build additional units in the
end of the mission (probably some Transport planes or other airborne units
because I plan the fourth mission to be air-units based). OTOH won't it
get boring? The transporting would be practiced twice...

One is transporting crystals, the other units. Transporting units is kind
of obvious, but the fact it also works with crystals might not, so we must
at least mention both. But since the distances are rather small in this
map, I don't really see a reason not to practice it.

I have done some work on the map, so here goes the scenario (no in-mission messages are done yet):
- the player starts in the SW base and must defend himself against tanks (and one infantry unit) coming from the E base (by taking control of the bridge and using the wedging & blocking tactics)
- After defending he conquers the E base where he'll find a personnel carrier and an artillery.
- he transports some crystals from the SW base in order to build hovercraft and destroys enemy tanks guarding the NW base at the same time.
- when he builds the hovercraft, he can transport the infantry to the NW base and conquer it
- there he finds the crystals needed to build the transport planes (victory condition).

It's quite complex and it takes quite a while (25-30 turns), I wonder if it won't become too boring. OTOH there will be quite a lot of briefing messages, but I really don't know. Please play it and post any suggestions. I already lowered the number of starting enemy tanks, any other ideas?

Andrej