Re: Unit due to appear on an occupied hex

On 24.06.2005 10:23, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:46:59 +0200, Dave Fancella <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 22 June 2005 03:37 pm, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> >> When a unit is going to be created (by Create Unit event) on a hex that is
> >> already occupied, nothing happens.
> >> [...]
> >
> > I don't see a problem with this, sorry.   :)
[...]

> Well, sometimes it can be "realistic" but now I want the infantry to
> arrive. If they were paratroopers, well, maybe. But they are coming by
> foot to take the factory and we can assume that they are not blind :-).
> I'd like to have these troops (if only in this mission) to arrive at any
> circumstances...

Those and similar issues were the reason createunit only worked with
shops at first. Due to high demand they were generalized later, and now
we're back, it seems.

I tend to agree with Dave, and as the createunit event is already
complex enough I don't really want to add any more options if it can
be helped. Besides, just looking at the surrounding hexes may not be
enough either. If you really want this behaviour, you should just
chain several events targetting all possible locations and let them
discard each other.

Jens