Re: Third tutorial map

On 23.06.2005 22:30, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:28:38 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I haven't had the time to go over the messages, yet, but I think
> > you still need some guards against some no-win situations:
> > * Losing the personnel carriers before having transferred enough crystals
>
> This is already coped with, the player "finds" the APC in the factory when
> he conquers it. If he wants to have it destroyed, he will have to
> partially damage a heavy tank (so that the unit retreats to the factory,
> but this is already probably impossible because the tanks are blocked by
> incoming infantry), wait until it gets out, conquer the factory, ignore
> the command to transport the crystals and do a suicide attack on the heavy
> tanks :-). It *is* possible but I'm not sure if I should count with it and
> bother with additional event and message :-) (probably yes, it is
> "right")...

Well, I lost it in a different way. I took the factory before the
tanks guarding it were destroyed. Then, because I didn't realize the
APCs were down to 1/6, I already moved them out towards the depot.
Guess what happened.

> > * Burning so many crystals in repairs that you can't build the hovercraft
> >   (or the planes later on)
[...]
> I have done a quick test and have found that the trigger doesn't count the
> crystals in transporters outside shops so while transporting crystals, the

Instead of doing lots of tests you might want to read the docs every now
and then... ;-)

> event would probably trigger (in case the player transports all the
> crystals from the depot -- in the factory is less than 20 crystals which
> are needed for building a hovercraft). This looks like problem.

Agreed, an additional flag for also including crystals in transit is
probably in order.

Jens