Re: Third tutorial map

On 22.06.2005 21:30, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> (noted also inside the mission) I'm not sure about the blocking/wedging
> bonuses (though I *have* RTFM :-) )... Please tell me the bonuses in these
> situations:
> - The unit is adjacent both to attacker and defender (I think this is 10%
> for both blocking and wedging (5% if it can't attack for wedging))

Right.

> - The unit is adjacent only to attacker (5% wedging, 0% blocking ?)

No. 0% in both cases.

> - The unit is adjacent only to defender (10% wedging (5% if it can't
> attack), 0% blocking ?)

Mostly, yes, but it's important to note that "backstabbing" the enemy
(ie. wedging from opposite the attacker's position) gets you an
_additional_ 10 (or 5) %, so you can actually get as much as 20% in
that case.

In any case, blocking bonuses only apply when adjacent to both attacker
and defender.
However, I'm not sure the tutorial should actually mention the exact
numbers as they might change now and then for balancing reasons.

> The partial scenario objectives are not yet done (I always keep forgetting
> this :-( ). Will do it later :-)... I'm lazy, sorry about that...

I haven't had the time to go over the messages, yet, but I think
you still need some guards against some no-win situations:
* Losing the personnel carriers before having transferred enough crystals
* Burning so many crystals in repairs that you can't build the hovercraft
  (or the planes later on)
* Losing the hovercraft

> OT: do you folks receive your own mails? I don't and because of this I
> can't reply to my own mails (which I'd like to do now) :-(.

I do.

Jens