Re: UI - multiple issues

On 25.06.2005 17:56, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:19:35 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 23.06.2005 22:29, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> >> You could then call
> >> NiceFunction(&SecondPlayerName, NiceFunction(&FirstPlayerName, ' '));
> >> and the problem would be resolved (I *think*).
> >
> > It's a little more complicated than that because you may encounter
> > multi-byte characters. A simpler way to do it would be something
> > like "(_1) Player 1 | (_2) Player 2".
>
> But that wouldn't like that cool... And skipping the multi-byte characters
> is not too difficult (all of them begin with byte > 127, I think. Skipping
> the next byte would do the trick, no?), isn't it?

No, they can use more than two bytes (up to 4, I think) but it's still
easy enough to do.

> If the function doesn't
> find anything useful (in player names with every character accentuated :-)
> ), the numbers will have to suffice...

That's not too unlikely if you consider a Russian translation, for
example. Additinally, using the numbers has the advantage that the
shortcuts will always be the same, no matter what language or mission
you selected, so you don't have to go hunting for the right key for the
mission du jour.

Jens