Re: Victory Conditions

On 09.03.2004 00:32, Dave Fancella wrote:
> All,
>
> I just played Anthill, and I swear I won.  Really!
>
> I wiped out all the infantry for EoK, and it came down to a duel between a
> heavy tank, two light tanks, and 4 scouts.  The scouts were the EoK's units.
> And he still had all his AA guns sitting around at the top of the map.  When
> I lost my last unit, it said I lost.  But, he couldn't achieve his objective
> without the infantry.

You're a technocrat, aren't you?

> I'd call it a marginal victory, maybe, since you could
> say "Well, they still had a presence and your base was undefended, so they
> still won".
>
> So, is this a bug, or a user error?  ;)  (Sore loser, maybe?)

If you have no units left, he can just smash his tanks against the
walls until he has a door that's big enough. He doesn't need any
infantry. (So, yes, I consider this behaviour to be correct. I don't
know if Yen did this intentionally but I wouldn't want to change it.
No cheap victories!)

Jens