Re: cvs build

On 14.03.2004 23:13, Dave Fancella wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2004 05:43 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > On 08.03.2004 23:26, Dave Fancella wrote:
> > > Hurray!  Still broke.
> >
> > Easy! ;-)
>
> Hehhheeehhhe.  Nope.  :)
>
> > Two solutions for you to choose from:
>
> I chose the correct solution, of course.  ;)

[...]

> I installed libxml2-devel (that always gets any dependencies that may be
> hanging around, but in this case none were resolved, so libxml2 is already
> installed) and the docbook-style-xsl package.  The descriptions given
> indicate that libxml2 is just a library, and the docbook package is just a
> collection of stylesheets.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but what program am I
> looking for to actually do the deed?

My bad. You're looking for xsltproc, but that's of course part of libxslt,
not libxml. Sorry. :-P
There are other ways to turn docbook into man but I don't use those so
I don't know how they work so I couldn't check for them in configure or add
proper make rules.

> Anyway, the reason I bring all this up (besides the fact that I want to knwo
> what program to install :) ) is because it seems like if ./configure doesn't
> find xsltproc it should disable building the manpages.
>
> Well, i didn't find an easy solution for that (probably I didn't look very
> hard), but if you put something like this on line 37, it'll make configure
> fail, at least.

Nonono. configure shouldn't fail. The manpages are included in the tarball, so
you don't need xsltproc as an "ordinary" user.

I agree that make install shouldn't bomb when xsltproc isn't available, though.
I'll have a look at the make/automake manuals and try to improve the situation.

Jens