Re: Development snapshot

On 23.03.2004 19:40, Patrick Forhan wrote:
> I played the following uprising, both times as player one, with the handicap on
> the computer, then on myself.
>
> It wasn't the simple crushing victory or defeat I expected.  When I was
> handicapped, I had to be careful with my infantry, but not much else changed.
> I did not have to go back to repair, although admittedly I played better when I
> was at the disadvantage (more defensive, attack wedging, etc).
>
> I'll have to try a serious map, like Anthill, which I barely managed to beat in
> the normal game.

Uprising is a balanced (2 players) map, so the effect is quite a bit smaller
than e.g. on Anthill. (If both parties have 10 units you lose roughly 10%
of your forces in relation to your opponent. If you have 10 and your enemy
has 20 it's 20%.)

I played GreatBattle yesterday (as FNA with handicap), and I got stomped really
bad. I don't think anyone has a chance of beating that map. Anthill is probably
even worse. I still have to try on easy, but hard certainyl deserves that
label now...

Jens