Re: Development snapshot

Quoting Jens Granseuer <jensgr@gmx.net>:
> I played GreatBattle yesterday (as FNA with handicap), and I got stomped
> really bad. I don't think anyone has a chance of beating that map. Anthill is
> probably even worse. I still have to try on easy, but hard certainly deserves
> that label now...

I must admit, it does change tactics quite a bit.  A person with the advantage
can get away with foolish/newbie tactics, and still possibly win.  A person
with the disadvantage has to use every trick in the books.

The real question is whether the current handicap is useful.  Does it make games
more balanced between novice and expert players?  Does it make single player
maps easier and harder while still leaving a chance for losing or winning?  I
think it will just take more playtesting to really find out.

Pat.