Re: Problems with the second tutorial map

On 28.05.2005 00:10, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 20:41:29 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No, you can't set or guess the ID, but there is a way to solve this:
> >
> > Create the event with a trigger of "player's infantry destroyed",
> > but set it to disabled initially. Then create a "manipulate event"
> > event which triggers when an infantry is built in the depot and
> > enables the first event.
>
> Hmm, this is my problem. You can't select "unit type" in the "unit
> destroyed" trigger (like in "unit position" trigger), you can specify one
> single unit or all units of one of the players. Or am I missing something?

Um, right, my bad. Unit types were indeed only implemented for
unit position. I've committed the changes for unit destroyed to
CVS. I've only done a quick test, so the code might still be a little
rough. Let me know if there are problems.

> > I've attached some suggested changes to the messages. Also, for
> > consistency's sake, I think it would be better to label the depot
> > "Factory" instead of "Depot".
>
> Great language work! The mission texts are much better now. However, I
> propose some further changes (patch attached). Apart from minor typos I
> think the player should be told to proceed towards the enemy base in the
> briefing where he's told to build tanks. If he's not, there are two turns
> in which he doesn't know what to do.

Agreed.

> The change of depot name is okay but I'll leave it for you (you know
> better where in the instructions the name should be changed).

I think it should be changed everywhere. A "depot" as used in all the
missions we have so far is usually equal to "workshop" while shops
where you can actually build new units are always (if I'm not mistaken)
labelled in a way that lets the player see immediately that it's not
just your average depot (this generally means they have "Factory" in
their names). I believe that's a good tradition.

Jens