Re: A patch

On Tue, 01 May 2007 14:32:10 +0200, haruspex <princeps.candidus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all!

First of all: is the project still alive? The mail list archive
doesn't show anything for the April.

We're hiding. It's called strategy. What for ? I'm still wondering.

In case it is, I attach a .diff file with a few minor tweaks, which I
consider not to be harmful to the game.
These changes are:
* User-friendliness:
- the exact amount of XP of a unit is shown next to its HP at the bar
in the bottom-left corner;

amount of XP ? is it really different than the "grade" of the unit ?

- you can see how far an enemy unit can move during its turn by
clicking on it, in the same fashion as with your own units (reasoning:
knowing how much movement points a particular type of unit has you can
predict where it will be able to move - so this feature just saves
your time);

I agree with that.

- removed the window "Access Denied" when trying to find out the stats
of an enemy unit (reasoning: if you want to know the stats of a unit
everything you need is to find your own unit of that type - maybe in
another level. So disabling "unit info" on enemy units just creates
troubles for the user without really changing anything).

It's kind of the same problem than the moving range, I think it's a good idea, but maybe we should make the dialogs precise that the informations are about an enemy unit ?

* Appearance:
- cursor confirmation animation, as proposed by Laurent Chea (see "GFX
enhancement : little animation");
- when a unit attacks some other one, it turns in the direction of attack.

Yeah sweet :)