Re: Language detection

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 15:44, Albert Vest <alvest@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ernesto Domato wrote:
>> Just to let you know, CF doesn't use QT, it uses SDL and for that
>> reason it's able to run in so many platform and architectures. So
>> please don't make any affirmation if you are not really sure about
>> what you're talking about.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ernesto.
>
> Just as a fact check, here is the dependency list copied verbatim from my
> freebsd system.
>
> discovery# pkg_info -r crimson\*
> Information for crimson-0.5.3:
>
> Depends on:
> Dependency: xineramaproto-1.1.2
> Dependency: xf86vidmodeproto-2.2.2
> Dependency: xf86dgaproto-2.0.3
> [long freebsd dependeny list]
> Dependency: gtk-2.16.6
> Dependency: gconf2-2.26.2_1
> Dependency: pulseaudio-0.9.19
> Dependency: sdl-1.2.13_4,2
> Dependency: smpeg-0.4.4_8
> Dependency: sdl_ttf-2.0.9
> Dependency: sdl_mixer-1.2.8_2
>
> discovery#
>
> The list is long, but there is no qt.  Now if one runs it under a WINDOW
> MANAGER that uses on qt, then that WM might frame CF in a qt-decorated
> window (i.e. its top bar, [X] button, etc), but that's not CF's dependency.

Please don't confuse system dependencies with software dependencies. I
don't use FreeBSD so I don't know what does "pkg_info -r" do, but it
has nothing to do with real dependencies for CF, it just seems to list
all the dependencies required to meet the needs for every other
package that CF needs but not necessary for just CF. What I mean is
that for example, on Debian GNU/Linux the dependencies listed for CF
are:

edomato@kcita:~/devel/debian$ apt-cache depends crimson
crimson
  Depende: libc6
  Depende: libgcc1
  Depende: libsdl-mixer1.2
  Depende: libsdl-ttf2.0-0
  Depende: libsdl1.2debian
  Depende: libstdc++6
  Depende: zlib1g

A very short list in comparison with FreeBSD list. But, if you read
the installation document that comes with CF, at the beginning  you
will find textually:

To compile or run Crimson Fields you need to have the following
dependencies installed:

SDL       (>= 1.1.5, http://www.libsdl.org) and its companion libraries
SDL_ttf   (http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf)
SDL_mixer (optional, http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer)
SDL_net   (optional, >= 1.2.6 highly recommended,
           http://www.libsdl.org/org/SDL_net)

Regards,
Ernesto.