Re: [f-cpu] Yet Another Upload

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 07:07:17AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]

Synthesis reports welcome.  BTW: You may also try to synthesize 128-bit
or 256-bit versions of individual units (except IMul64 which doesn't
auto-scale yet).

I am more worried about the correct work of the general scripts and what they can do now.

Which scripts do you mean?

the ones that builds all the files from m4, verify the available tools,
build the units and run their tests....

Tests must also be redone regularly to check that all the sources work
correctly with all the known tools. If someone wants to do a regression server .....

I usually test everything with Simili (the old NT version) before I
release it.  I could also run vanilla, but it's soooo sloooooow...

:-)

yup but you could try to do this at least once, one night or week,
just to be sure ....

Tests with other tools (and reports if something fails) are always
welcome, but are only required after major releases like this one.
Remember that running all testbenches takes a while.

yup.
but you know that Riviera and NCSIM are one order of magnitude faste, right ?

I seem to remember that a lot of important things were missing in the main script.
But keeping it up to date made me forget what was missing ....

Hmmmm now that Michael has added yet more functions, the C version of the unit must be rewritten : cool ! ....

There is a C version?

i have at least made a C version for ROP2 ... the rest is fading in my memory.

We better do things step by step.  First, we'll have to decide which
instructions we're going to use in FC0,

well, the units are here, so let's simply use them to their fullest.

and which of them will be
mandatory for later versions (this applies to all units, not only
the adder).

hmmm that's another problem....

Second, all instructions should be properly documented in
the manual.

ouch :-)

Third, I'll have to update the assembler and the emulator.
Finally, someone can update the machine description for gcc.

As you probably know, i have returned back to plain old electronics to get
some pocket money from time to time. Now, i have almost all tools to make
decent PCBs in small series at decent prices. When the first FC0s will come out
of fundry, we'll be able to use nice development kits :-)

But there is still too much work to be done on the SW side; so we'll have to "wait a bit" ...

YG