Re: [f-cpu] http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka4/mel/index.htm

hi,

Juergen Goeritz wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Graham Seaman wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Yann Guidon wrote:
> > > concerning the page at http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka4/mel/index.htm,
> >
> > <snip>
> > You might have more luck with
> > http://www.cordis.lu/ist/cpt/cpa13.htm
> > which (depending on the meaning they attach to 'open') sounds like it
> > has explicit encouragement for open designs, even if its not quite so
> > close to the fcpu.
on other sides of the site, there are stuffs about microelectronics
and all the likes. browse and search.

> > For software there is actual EU money for free software development, but
> > the deadline for this year is very close:
> > http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka4/tesss/impl_free.htm
we are too few to handle all these papers, but we can still hope ...

> > If you don't get a reply from the guy you mailed you could try the
> > mailing list linked with EU funded free software development at
> > http://eu.conecta.it/ It's software only, but at least the people on
> > the list are into libre stuff and have some experience of the inner
> > workings of EU bureaucracy...
let's try !
there's nothing to loose (except time and patience).
after all we work for the long term, so the bureaucracy's delays
might not be such a problem for us. F-CPU is 3 years old, no ? :-)

> Hi,
>
> don't want to disappoint you but there are some handicaps
> when looking for funding by EU tax money. The company or
> university or whatever must have stable setup and usually
> has to finance part of the work by itself. I don't know
> if it's possible at all to get funding money without a
> legal entity/company behind.

at least, we can create legal frames. What happened
to the idea of a Verein ? Would it be possible to meet
everybody in Berlin (during 18C3) to create it ?
In France, Nicole wants to resurface the idea of such
organisation. i hope that it is going to work this year.

it's not wonderful, but it is a start.

> JG
WHYGEE