Re: [f-cpu] Re: f-cpu.org's server soon on the move

hello,

no, it's not spam nor a worm ;-)

Roger Dingledine wrote:

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 10:41:19PM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:

the planned server move for f-cpu.org is getting nearer.
I first have to move the files from the german provider over
to seul.org, which is now possible because i have regained
RTC access to Internet.

Ok.

news about this is available at http://f-cpu.seul.org/daCode/

Possible registrars are gandi.net and club-internet.fr.
I will move all 3 DNS (.org, .net and .com) so they all point
to the same f-cpu.seul.org homepage. Remember that
the additional .com and .net domains are aimed at avoiding
net-squatting.

Ok. Remember that seul doesn't have anything to do with .com domains, so
we won't be providing a virthost for it. If you could point it somewhere
else (given that you don't use it), that would be preferred; but it's
not critical.

i don't know where to point it,
it could be as today, an almost empty page which redirects to f-cpu.org.

btw, the current provider for f-cpu.org is quite broken,
http://f-cpu.org/ is not active, one must type http://www.f-cpu.org/ explicitly :--

However seul.org will have to redirect
my email address @f-cpu.org itself because the registrar
won't do it, and i don't know how seul.org handles that.

Ok. Is whygee@f-cpu.org the only valid email address on that domain?

as far as i know, it's the only one.

If so we'll bounce all the rest.

ok,

maybe some contributors want an @f-cpu.org address,
if so, they are welcome.

However, as soon as the f-cpu.org site will be mirrored,
it will be possible to change the structure and layout
of the site. Some french contributors have proposed some
help, others are welcome, so please let us know.

now that most data is mirrored, it's time for the site redesign ;-)

--Roger

thanks again,
YG