Re: [f-cpu] vhdl2c 0.1

>  - VHDL simulations are not easily parallelisable.
> A globaly adressable, distributed memory multiprocessor might give better
> results thanks to faster synchronisation, better internal bandwidth and
> smaller OS overhead.

There has been many startups that have tried to create parallel
simulators, but none of them have succeded in it well enough to create
any real demand. And I'm quite sure that the big companies have also tried
to make parallel simulators. I heard from one manufacturer that the memory
latency and bandwidth needs negate the effects of parallelization.. It's
more wise to run one simulator on each individual processor and just run
many simulations in one machine, and not try to make one simulation
faster.

--Kim
ps. I would love to have a good parallel simulator :)