test (was: Re: Rep:Re: Re: [f-cpu] No latches, please !)

hi nicO !

>That's not crazy it's called multiphased logic.
my second name is "reinvent the wheel" ;-)

> You could use 2 or 4 clock phased to synchronise things
>but i imagine what a nightmarre it could be to debug
>and to test.

Concerning the test, remember that there is a BIST unit that
takes control of the whole datapath and takes care to test
all the execution units and the memory arrays. If the "latch"
(those you like and/or those you don't) is in the datapath,
it -will- be tested. Those that can't be tested without complex
stuff will use a classical scanpath but the scan chain will be
kept as short as possible.
By the way, one of the optional units (popcount) will certainly
be used for signature compaction.

How much do i have to emphasize on this ?
Yes, this will be custom-designed test but
 - we don't need ATPG
 - we couldn't afford it anyway
 - always trust your nose and make meaningful measurements.

>nicO
YG