Re: [f-cpu] new version of fasu

Bonjour Gaetan & the rest of the F-gang,

> >VHDL Simili 1.5 didn't compile fasu.vhdl; it doesn't allow the "&"
> >operator in "when" clauses.  Since you were concatenating constants
> >anyway, I removed the "&" and it worked.
> >

> I use Simili 2.2 and i thought it was VHDL compilant... so i need to be
> more careful about that
> kind of thing...

Simili 2.2 should be VHDL compliant.  Maybe it wasn't configured for
strict VHDL '93 compliance?

> >I also tried ghdl but it died with an internal error during analysis.
> >I have no idea yet how one can fix that.  Maybe my ghdl is broken.
> >
> >The simulation runs with Simili 1.5, but reports errors.
> >
> can you send me those errors.. I don't have any error message with my
> version of similli :(:(:(:(

They're part of the patch I sent to you.

> I don't like when sth works with a compiler and doesn't work with
> another one...

Yep.  Me too.

[...]
> >By the way:  It would be a good idea to make the tar file unpack
> >everything into a directory called `eu_fasu'.  And you really should
> >consider using a ZIP file instead of tar.gz -- that will allow people
> >like me to remove those (WIN)DOSy carriage-return characters at the
> >end of every line automatically when they unpack the unit on their
> >Linux systems.
> >

> in fact, i'm under windows (sorry) because i didn't have right here my hard drive where i have a beautifull Debian installed, so i packed the
> files in tar.gz to send to very one mainly using linux...
> i will try to convert carriage returns before sending to mailing list
> and send it in both zip and tar.gz, so everybody will be happy...

Not necessary.  You can use the `zip' utility on Linux, or WinZip on
Windows, to build a .zip file with CRLF line terminators.  `unzip' on
Linux will do the CRLF -> LF conversion.

> I'm still on the normalization stage and i will work hard next night :D

That's probably the hardest part of the adder...