De: "Christophe" <christophe.avoinne@laposte.net>
A: <f-cpu@seul.org>
Date: 12/06/02
Objet: Re: [f-cpu] There's something going wrong here...

First, any developpements outside CVS is a nightmare to synchronise. You
are
developped their own versions in your corner and it is a real mess when
I try
to have a complete version. I'm really fed up with downloading big
archives
because people are unable to synchronize their works in a global
repositary.

This project is meant to be developped by a team, so we need a
configuration
software, that is CVS or likes.

I prefer to get the last updates instead of downloading the whole
archive
everytime, so that way I'm sure that I get the real last developpement.

A project without CVS cannot be seriously considered. All good
programmers know
very well that fact.

What we just want is :

- english-spoken
- a main homepage frequently updated (news, manual on-line, etc.)
- a main CVS repositary for source

tuxfamily.org was chosen for this purpose.

If there are other homepages, we should consider moving interesting
stuff in
the main homepage, so we can really concentrate our works on a main
homepage
and a main CVS repositary. Mirroring can be considered on other servers.