Re: CAS and spinlocks (was: Re: [f-cpu] another DATE report)

hi,

Michael Riepe wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 10:32:10PM +0100, Christophe wrote:
> [...]
> > I think to have a single CAS is a minimum. To have a CAS2 can really boost
> > compared with its software implementation. But, ok, let us first to try to have
> > an efficient CAS. Afterward we can try the impossible :-)
>
> That comes second. First, let's build something that *works*.

i like you more and more, Michael :-P

i don't like to read "we can try the impossible :-)"
when _they_ speak about it and _we_ do it. F-CPU is also about
responsibility and educating people to respect of each other's work.
Not making a Babel tower, not making "throw away code"...

Of course we need input and discussions with a wide range of
people and cultures, different points of view, but if it's only
talks, it's useless. instead of "try" i would like to read "do"
and "impossible" i would like to read "detailed plan".

Some people and me are currently following a plan and we would
like other people to find a place in it, not modifying everything
(and jeopardizing the work that was already done) that's all.

i hope it's my last rant for today.

>  Michael "Tired" Riepe <Michael.Riepe@stud.uni-hannover.de>
WHYGEE