Re: [f-cpu] 'make it work' or 'make it fast' ?

Ben Franchuk a écrit :
<...>
> Nothing is portable -- schematics are often too low level. HDL's
> are too abstract to map well to hardware.FPGA's all have
> different logic cell functionality. I would personally go with
> schematics
> if there was a portable way of creating them.

!!!! HDl are very portable : almost 90% of todays chip are using HDL.
That's the quickest way to change to one technologie to an other ! Only
alpha use a design team to create there layout even TI use HDL for there
quickest DSP !
There other raison not to use HDL is for historical reason : the use of
old core.

I think the debat is over since a long time. You can use HDL to describe
exactly the same thing than with schematic, but you can do a lot more,
too !