[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(FC-Devel) Further OCD comments regarding CVS
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: (FC-Devel) Further OCD comments regarding CVS
- From: "Chris M. Moore +44 (0)1705 701701 ext 1999" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:18:47 +0000 (GMT)
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 2
- Importance: normal
- Mr-Received: by mta ADVAX1.MUAS; Relayed; Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:18:47 +0000
- Mr-Received: by mta ADVAX1; Relayed; Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:18:46 +0000
- Mr-Received: by mta GCSCHM; Relayed; Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:18:58 +0000
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sensitivity: Company-Confidential
- Ua-Content-Id: 11D44BD22C00
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;4347181509041999/A07981/ADVAX1]
Yes its me again. I've had some thoughts on what the OCD implies to usage of
CVS and the CORBA UML interfaces. It seems to me that the OCD documents
repository _is_ a CVS repository and that the CORBA UML interfaces are what the
tools see on the client side. (One of the tools would be a GUI to manipulate
the client side sandbox copy). Is this what you intended Andrey?
If this is the case then I would like to suggest that the CVS repository is
optional. There will definitely be a need for an administrator if CVS is used
(merging problems, passwords etc) and this extra overhead/complexity may be
off-putting for small projects (or even large projects at startup when there is
considerable creation of new objects eg. two developers independantly create the
objects with the same name).
This would leave the OCD documents client talking to multiple UIs (the client
becomes the server!). The UIs would/should operate in whiteboard mode ie. if
another user creates an object, it appears on your screen. The client would
save its contents in some human readable text format so that CVS can be used for
version control if required.
Hows this sound to you?
PS. I've had some slight success getting the automatically generated CORBA bits
to compile. Just waiting on my CVS account to share my meagre offerings.