[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (FC-Devel) Welcome volunteers! Now what? and some Q for Sami.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (FC-Devel) Welcome volunteers! Now what? and some Q for Sami.
- From: "Chris M. Moore +44 (0)1705 701701 ext 1999" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:22:04 +0000 (GMT)
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 2
- Importance: normal
- Mr-Received: by mta ADVAX1.MUAS; Relayed; Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:22:04 +0000
- Mr-Received: by mta ADVAX1; Relayed; Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:22:04 +0000
- Mr-Received: by mta GCSCHM; Relayed; Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:22:32 +0000
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sensitivity: Company-Confidential
- Ua-Content-Id: 11D27A960000
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;2604221015021999/A02847/ADVAX1]
> Aside: some specific questions for Sami.
> 1. Sami, when you use the term "CORE" do you
> mean Common Object Repository Environment as in
Might be. I cant tell. Far too way out for me. Here's a quote:
"An important point to stress again is that the Mental partitioning of the
Undifferentiated Reality into a Differentiated Reality
composed of Fact–Thing Dipoles is a purely Mental Conceptualization
composed by Us in the form of Our Combined World."
Yeh. Right. If it is (it does mention OMG and MOF) then it's _deep_
background! My understanding of Core relates to one of the IDL modules that
comprises the UML CORBA definition. See the OMG site for the doc "OA&D
CORBAfacility Interface Definition" (97-08-09.pdf).
> 2. Could you spend a few words on "reflective" ?
The Reflective module of the UML definition relates to the model used to
describe UML itself. UML is a meta-model, the reflective module is part of the
meta-meta-model. The reflective module is also part of the Meta Object Facility
and described in "Meta Object Facility (MOF) Specification" (97-08-14.pdf).
> 3. Would you please add a README to the .idl files with some
> notes on: where did you get the info, what is the status and
> the intended use of the files?
The IDL is directly from the OA&D doc, althougth I think Sami has broken it up
into more easily digestable pieces.