RE: gEDA-user: geda & guile installation failure

So I understand that the reason we have all these libs is
so that you can group the common functions where all applications
can use them. But this requires all of the dozen or so distros
to all provide the same libs in the same locations. This
does not appear to be happening.

One of the main advantages of libs is savings disk space. I
personally would give up a gig or three  in order to have
software that just simply worked.

Instead of writing a application using lib calls would it be
feasible to simply include all the libs sources with the apps
and bundle them together? You may have to rename all the functions
to prevent conflicts but you would have one program that was
fairly independent of the system it was running on.

John Eaton