gEDA-user: Newest SPICE stuff uploaded to web . . . .

Greetings gEDA users --

I have hacked my SPICE netlister (Scheme backend for gnetlist) to
allow you to draw .SUBCKT models using gschem.  That is, if you have a
lower level SPICE model which you wish to draw, and then incorporate
into a higher level netlist, my netlister is for you.  This capability
is useful when doing e.g. microwave design, where standard components
must be modeled by adding parasitic inductances and capacitances to
the "vanilla" component model.

The netlister recognizes a lower level .SUBCKT if you place a
spice-subcircuit-LL-1.sym symbol on your schematic.  If it sees this
symbol, it will automatically output a .SUBCKT card at the head of
your netlist file.  Further details are in the HOWTO on my web page.

As an example of using this capability, I created an RF amp (gain out
beyond 2.5 GHz) based upon an Agilent MSA-2643 monolithic gain block.
The Agilent data sheet provides drawings modeling the operation of the
amp, along with the relevant SPICE parameters.  A tarball of the
project is available on my web page.

I posted all this stuff on my gEDA/SPICE web page:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/

If you enjoy playing with gEDA and SPICE, take a look at it.  And, as
always, I am interested in hearing any comments/criticisms/suggestions
about SPICE and gEDA.

Stuart