Re: gEDA-user: Ngspice vs. Gnucap vs. ???

On Monday 28 April 2003 04:18, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> As such, anything based on SPICE3 seems exposed to having the rug pulled
> out from under it in the future.

As long as they don't have a copyright on the SPICE syntax the wheel can be
reinvented. In my efforts of turning my linux box into an analog integrated
circuit design station I have installed most of the installable spices and
gnucap. In my opinion it would be the best for the whole community if Spice3
was withdrawn from market, because then there would be no reason /not/ to
invest some time in making gnucap a replacement.

Digital design has always had the advantage of attracting software
programmers, just look at the well of digital simualtion tools available.
It's unfair...

Svenn