Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist: ERROR: Unbound variable: primitive-fork

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 11:00:57PM +0200, Berni Joss wrote:
> Help!
>
> This is my first attempt at building a board using gschem and pcb.
> gschem is very nice and useable.
> I'm having trouble with the netlister:
>
> [berni@odie cmeter]$ gnetlist -g PCBboard -o board.pcb cmeter.sch
> gEDA/gnetlist version 20040111
> gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
> conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

> ERROR: Unbound variable: primitive-fork
> [berni@odie cmeter]$
>
> The following appears to run fine:
> [berni@odie cmeter]$ gnetlist -g PCB -o board.net cmeter.sch

what about

gnetlist -g gsch2pcb -o tmp.pcb cmeter.sch

Is that broken as well?

Do you have GUILE_LOAD_PATH set by any chance?

Take a look at your gnetlist.log file and look for the lines which
look like:

Read init scm file [/opt/geda/geda-20030901/share/gEDA/scheme/gnetlist.scm]
Read PCB scm file [/opt/geda/geda-20030901/share/gEDA/scheme/gnet-PCB.scm]

Then use grep to look for 'primitive-fork' in that area.  For example

grep primitive /opt/geda/geda-20030901/share/gEDA/scheme/*

You can also take a look in the gnet-PCB.scm file look for the line which
looks something like:

(let ((pipe (open-output-pipe (string-append "gm4 -d .........

In particular, what is the 'gm4' or 'm4' command there?  Is that in your
PATH.  Try running

   m4 --version

using 'gm4' if thats what you have in that spot.  I probably don't care
so much about the exact version but that m4 is installed and working.

-Dan