gEDA-user: gnetlist: ERROR: Unbound variable: primitive-fork

Help!

This is my first attempt at building a board using gschem and pcb.
gschem is very nice and useable.
I'm having trouble with the netlister:

[berni@odie cmeter]$ gnetlist -g PCBboard -o board.pcb cmeter.sch
gEDA/gnetlist version 20040111
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

ERROR: Unbound variable: primitive-fork
[berni@odie cmeter]$

The following appears to run fine:
[berni@odie cmeter]$ gnetlist -g PCB -o board.net cmeter.sch

I failed finding related hits on google using the error message as a search
string. I've also not found anything suspicious in the various scheme files
installed in /usr/share/gEDA and /usr/share/gEDA/scheme/ .. but I don't
understand scheme.

Could it be that an error in my schematic leads to the netlister failing?
Some library issue?

I'm stuck with my schematic not able to start the layout.
Any hints are welcome.

Berni