Re: gEDA-user: geda hangs/Gtk error reported

Ales

Thanks for the response. SInce I posted the query I've fiddled around
(+Google) and found that if I delete .gtkrc (and .gtkrc-2.0 not sure if that
was necessary)  from my home directory, the "unable to locate..." message
goes away. I don't pretend to know what this does... the "invalid cast"
message remains on closing geda.

As to where the .so file is:

bryantc@bonobo:~$ locate libthinice.so
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.2.0/engines/libthinice.so
/usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines/libthinice.so

Also it seems the hanging problem arises when I try (mistakenly) to open the
directory containing the project. If I go into the directory and open
the .prj file, geda doesn't hang; so this is operator error!

Behaviour is the same from root or my user directory

At present I've paused on geda and I'm spending time getting to know gschem.
It's about 10 years since I last used a schematic capture prog (Orcad v3, I
think it was) and I'm really enjoying this (gschem is great!)  If it is
useful, I will return to geda and try to be more structured about tracing the
libthinice issue

Regards

Chris