gEDA-user: netlist pin numbers/names

Hi all,

Is there any gschem or gnetlist or gsch2pcb limitation on using  pin numbers like A1  A2  B18 etc. so the netlist looks like:

GND     U1-A4
data3   U3-A18 U1-A3

I want these names to make using bga packages for fpga's and FIFO's easier.

Since the packages have large numbers of pins such as 676, it would be a waste to rename them and give them numeric
only names....the name data is already in signal name and pin name pairs in spreadsheet format.   I am going to generate
symbols by scripting it instead of clicking the mouse.

John
--
John Griessen    Cibolo Design       Austin Texas, linux counter #249315