Re: gEDA-user: Connecting nets to power or gnd symbols

Hi!

Am 27.04.2004 um 09:26 schrieb John Griessen:

I have another question about using power and gnd symbols: Suppose you want to create some separate
gnd or volt plane areas, but then connect them in one place just before you are done with a layout. This is
error prone to do with many instances of the second gnd or volt symbol that stays separate until just before
done, since you wold have to change many many places in your schematic.
I have not done it with gschem, but with eagle. I used a 0R resistor to connect my two Gnd signals and I made a special symbol for it that looked like a wire on printout, on screen it had a different color than the wires.

I also made a special PCB symbol and guess what, it looked like a small piece of copper trace. In fact, I had two holes in its soldermask (I used SMD pads to get alon without drills) at the place, where this symbol was located and I got dozens of DRC errors about this spot.

But in the end it helped me to keep my Gnds separate.

It should be possible to do this in gschem/pcb, too.

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch mario@klebsch.de
PGP-Key available at http://www.klebsch.de/public.key