Re: gEDA-user: How to do transient analysis?

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 05:34:14PM -0600, David Logan wrote:
> What would be the best way to do transient analysis using geda? I have
> pspice instructions, which are easy enough. I just define a circuit like:
>
> gnd -> IDC -> t_Close (t=0) -> R -> L -> gnd. Then I go into "Transient
> analysis" setup, set "Print Step" and "Final Time", and I get a graph of
> my capcitor voltage or inductor current.

I'm not sure I understand what your circuit is supposed to do, are you
sending a DC current through an inductor ? That should not produce
anyting interesting in simulation at all...

In ngspice you should be able to do something like this to simulate an
inductor in transient analysis:

*Simulation for inductor circuit

I1 0 source pwl (0 0 10n 0 12n 1)
R1 source 1 10
L1 1 0 10nH

.tran 100ps 50ns

.end

Save that to a file filename.sp, run:

ngspice -b filename.sp -r filename.raw -o filename.out

Then load filename.raw into gwave.

--
Daniel Nilsson