Re: gEDA-user: How to do transient analysis?

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:21:11PM +0200, Peter Kaiser wrote:

> > do you have, perhaps, an URL for "switchcap simulator" handy ?
> >

> http://www.cisl.columbia.edu/projects/switcap/
>

> The web page says, that the distribution is stoped temporarily. Hopfully they
> change there mind soon.

it is "switcap" not "switchcap".  geda includes documentation on the switcap
backend complete with an example taking you from schematic through simulation.
Unless you're designing switched capacitor circuits, you don't want this.

I wouldn't hold my breath with columbia.  They've had that page up for ages
and have ignored my attempts at contacting them.  Its pretty annoying actually.

They distributed the code (for a fee) for a pretty good while when switcap1
was it.  Then they were selling switcap2 and once work started on switcap3
they quit making either of the others available at all and evidentally work
on switcap3 has stopped and all distribution has stopped.  The code is still
around at various universities and companies who purchased it before distribution
stopped.  At one point, but its been quite a few years, the code for switcap1
was on a public ftp site, but that was probably 10 years ago.

-Dan