Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb not finding pcb element

> Hello,
>
> I have created a footprint for a particular component. I put it in the correct directory along with all my other components, but for some reason this one is not being seen by gsch2pcb. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Here is what I get when I run "gsch2pcb -v".
> Note that gsch2pcb finds "/home/logometrix/geda_parts/pcb_elements//EZUSB", which is my new footprint. But then it does not recognize it and put it into <project>.pcb.new...

I have no solution, but some thoughts:

*  I don't know what behavior PCB will evince if your EZUSB footprint
has a syntax error, but it might just die silently like this.  Run
PCB, and do "file -> load element data to buffer".  See if the
footprint can be read in and placed.  Also, visually inspect the
footprint for correctness using a text editor.

*  I wonder if the double // in your path is causing your problem?  It
shouldn't, but I am not certain gsch2pcb is rubust against stuff like
this.

*  For more verbose spew, you can say "gsch2pcb -v -v".  Maybe this
will provide a clue.

Stuart