gEDA-user: gsch2pcb not finding pcb element

Hello,

I have created a footprint for a particular component. I put it in the correct directory along with all my other components, but for some reason this one is not being seen by gsch2pcb. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is what I get when I run "gsch2pcb -v".
Note that gsch2pcb finds "/home/logometrix/geda_parts/pcb_elements//EZUSB", which is my new footprint. But then it does not recognize it and put it into <project>.pcb.new...

$ gsch2pcb -v project
Reading project file: project
    elements-dir "/home/logometrix/geda_parts/pcb_elements/"
    schematics "microcontroller.sch fpga.sch"
    output-name "pal_controller"
Running command:
        gnetlist -g PCB -o pal_controller.net microcontroller.sch fpga.sch
--------
gEDA/gnetlist version 20050313
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Remember to check that your schematic has no errors using the drc2 backend.
You can do it running 'gnetlist -g drc2 your_schematic.sch -o drc_output.txt'
and seeing the contents of the file drc_output.txt.

Default m4-pcbdir: /usr/share/pcb/m4
--------
gnet-gsch2pcb-tmp.scm override file:
    (define m4-pcbdir "/usr/share/pcb/m4")
--------
Running command:
        gnetlist -g gsch2pcb -o pal_controller.new.pcb -m gnet-gsch2pcb-tmp.scm microcontroller.sch fpga.sch
--------
gEDA/gnetlist version 20050313
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Remember to check that your schematic has no errors using the drc2 backend.
You can do it running 'gnetlist -g drc2 your_schematic.sch -o drc_output.txt'
and seeing the contents of the file drc_output.txt.

--------
U108: need new file element for footprint  EZUSB (value=usb_uc)
        Found: /home/logometrix/geda_parts/pcb_elements//EZUSB
U108: can't find PCB element for footprint EZUSB (value=usb_uc)
So device U108 will not be in the layout.
----

Done processing.  Work performed:
No elements to add so not creating pal_controller.new.pcb
1 unknown elements removed from pal_controller.new.pcb.