Re: gEDA-user: Adding groundplane?

On 4/30/05, harry eaton <bumpelo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You need to disable "auto-enforce DRC". The program will not let you
> route to what it believes is not supposed to be connected. With this
> feature enabled you need a netlist, rats displayed and up before starting
> the
> trace, then the intended connecting nodes will be highlighted and you can
> route to them.

Harry,
  I think there could be two improvements regarding drawing traces.
One is that when I try to draw a trace from a pad,  if there is a
not-related rat overlapping with the pad, that rat is highlighted
instead of the pad. This behavior could be changed. The other is if I
delete a trace, then re-draw it, The trace will not reach the
destination pad since the rat is not present. This is OK, but after
pressing 'o' to let the rat to show up again, the trace still can not
reach the destination pad since the rat is not recognized, which is
because the rat is brought up after I start to draw the trace. This
behavior could be changed too.
  I would appreciate it if you would consider those two changes.

vax, 9000