Re: gEDA-user: A couple o' questions

Hi David,

El miÃ, 05-04-2006 a las 08:54 -0600, David Logan escribiÃ:
> 1) Is there a reason that
>      gnetlist -g drc2
>      does not report invalid slots?
>
> If you take a couple of 7400 logic gates, and make one slot=1 and
> another slot=6, -g drc2 reports slot#2 as unused, but does not report
> slot#6 as invalid. I'm not sure what gsch2pcb would do with it after
> that, or what gnetlist would do when building a net. I think gnetlist
> treats slot=6 as slot=1 for purposes of pin assignment.

Yes, it should report it. It is fixed in CVS. Thanks for the bug
catching!

> 2) I'm sorry, but (as usual), I can't find anything to answer my
> question in the wiki. It's surely not a fault of the information in the
> wiki, I have the exact same problem in every wiki I try to search. But
> what I'm looking for is:  I *know* I saw somewhere recently text on how
> to set pins as "not connected" for purposes of drc checking. But I'll be
> damned if I can find it now. In the wiki, I tried: not connected, nc,
> drc not connected, drc nc, how to set pins not connected, and probably
> some others, nothing useful came back.

Place and connect to those pins the noconnection symbol
(misc/nc-*-1.sym). This will connect that pins to the net
"NoConnection", which is not checked in the DRC. However, be aware that
gnetlist and gsch2pcb will conect those non-connected pins together.
We have to find a way to avoid this, but it is to be done yet.

Regards,

Carlos