Re: gEDA-user: A couple o' questions

Carlos Nieves Ãnega wrote:

Hi David,

El miÃ, 05-04-2006 a las 08:54 -0600, David Logan escribiÃ:

1) Is there a reason that
    gnetlist -g drc2
    does not report invalid slots?

If you take a couple of 7400 logic gates, and make one slot=1 and another slot=6, -g drc2 reports slot#2 as unused, but does not report slot#6 as invalid. I'm not sure what gsch2pcb would do with it after that, or what gnetlist would do when building a net. I think gnetlist treats slot=6 as slot=1 for purposes of pin assignment.

Yes, it should report it. It is fixed in CVS. Thanks for the bug catching!

2) I'm sorry, but (as usual), I can't find anything to answer my question in the wiki. It's surely not a fault of the information in the wiki, I have the exact same problem in every wiki I try to search. But what I'm looking for is: I *know* I saw somewhere recently text on how to set pins as "not connected" for purposes of drc checking. But I'll be damned if I can find it now. In the wiki, I tried: not connected, nc, drc not connected, drc nc, how to set pins not connected, and probably some others, nothing useful came back.

Place and connect to those pins the noconnection symbol
(misc/nc-*-1.sym). This will connect that pins to the net
"NoConnection", which is not checked in the DRC. However, be aware that
gnetlist and gsch2pcb will conect those non-connected pins together.
We have to find a way to avoid this, but it is to be done yet.

You could probably do what I now do manually - delete this one line from the netlist before you write it out. Be aware that the NoConnect net may span several physical lines in the file.

Joe T

Regards,

Carlos