Re: gEDA-user: A couple o' questions

Stuart Brorson wrote:

Min trace width/space
Min annular ring (i.e. min pad size over drill size)
Min soldermask clearance from pads
Min soldermask bridge width
Checking for metal slivers

I know that PCB does some checks (min trace width/space), but am not
so sure about min annular ring, a problem which is currently hammering
me in a big way on a non-gEDA board.  :-(

PCB does min annular ring checks as of several weeks ago.

I'd like to add a check for silk on pads. In general though I think our text DRC's could be better (copper text, silk text).

Soldermask clearance from pads is not checked but that should be easy enough to add. Actually, it would be easy to check that the clearance associated with a pad is some minimum value. It would be more work to check if perhaps you got soldermask relief by virtue of being near a pad with a very large soldermask relief.

We should probably also think about a silk on soldermask relief check.

By soldermask bridge width do you mean minimum width in between soldermask relief areas?

Can you elaborate on "metal slivers"?

We currently do not have any checks on minimum width of a soldermask relief area.

-Dan