Re: gEDA-user: A couple o' questions

> Is it a DRC failure? I have my boards full of such shit and I don't
> care. I think the 1mil wide think cannot peel off and float because it's
> held on both ends. Maybe it can get interrupted but I don't rely with
> my groundplane connectivity on such thin places.

This should be a failure.  A 1 mil trace can easily become a 0 mil
trace at your PCB fab house due to their tolerances.  That is, the
etch process used to etch out your traces has variability; if you have
1 mil features on your board, they might be totally eaten away during
PCB manufacture.  Most PCB houses will specify their minimum line
width; it seems to vary between 5mil (best case) and 10 mil or more
(depeding upon their quality and price).

> > DRC.  I drew a 1 mil wide line and then covered it with a 50 mil wide
> > line.  DRC complains that I have a line which is too narrow.

FWIW, Genesis 2000 will complain about stuff like this too.

Stuart