Re: gEDA-user: A couple o' questions

> It is unacceptable that it demands =20
> short circuits ;-). And when this is reimplemented, it should not =20
> call these things by a negative term like error or warning, as there =20
> is usually nothing wrong. Maybe "note".

Just a little $0.02:  The ViewDraw schematic DRC checker outputs three
classes of messages:  Errors, Warnings, and Notes.

I am agreeing with John here:  Stuff like unconnected pins and single
pin nets can be emitted as notes.  That allows you to see them (and
use Perl, grep and other tools on teh DRC spew), but doesn't cause
alarm.

Thus, the vision would be that the DRC checker would output stuff like
this:

ERROR: Netname "foo" connected to netname "bar" in file "Schematic_7.sch"
WARNING: U14:P3 pintype="OUTPUT"  connected to U12:P6 pintype="OUTPUT".
NOTE: Single pin net "Foo" in file "Schematic_1.sch"
NOTE: Single pin net "foo" in file "Schematic_3.sch"
NOTE: U2:P4 no "pintype" attribute
NOTE: U2:P6 no "pintype" attribute

Just a thought. . . . .

Stuart