Re: gEDA-user: assembly drawing

> So far I've done the soldering myself, but I might use a bga part in a
> future project.
> Companies offering assembly want an assembly drawing.
> What is this? How do I generate one?

The assembly drawing shows your components refdes, where they go, and
what orientation they have on their footprints.

> Just create a .pdf from the silkscreen layer?

That's the easiest thing to do.  Make sure that the orientation of the
BGA is obvious, and the refdes is also obvious in the drawing.  In the
best case, you have somehow marked the position of ball A1 on the
footprint's silkscreen so this position is also on the board.

Stuart