Re: gEDA-user: A couple o' questions

On Apr 7, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Carlos Nieves Ónega wrote:

Yes, please. There was a lot of attribute work committed to CVS in
09-12-2005 (european date format: DD/MM/YYYY).
Just now I have commited some changes to the asic/ symbols, adding some
missing pinlabel and pintype (passive) attributes, so maybe you can use
the symbols in CVS.
You are right: the 780x don't have pintypes. All the linear directory
are ICs, and as I said earlier, I only fixed some of them. I expected
that people fix the symbols as soon as they were used... I was rather
optimistic...

I think what's optimistic is the belief that the correct pintype is obvious. I think people don't put pintypes on because they don't know what to use. And I think this is *good*: the classification system really is only applicable to logic. For other things, the more carefully you think, the less obvious the pintype becomes...

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx