gEDA-user: pcb-20060414 snapshot

Hi,

I've put together a new snapshot of PCB.  This is the first snapshot of
the HID version.  We've been busy over the last several weeks and have
fixed a number of bugs and at this point we'd like some broader use and
testing of the HID version.

You may wish to take a look at the output of "./configure --help" as there are more options to choose from now. Of most interest is probably --with-gui=gtk (the default) or --with-gui=lesstif

You can get the snapshot from the usual place (http://pcb.sf.net)

-Dan

======================================================================== Release Notes for PCB snapshot 20060414 ======================================================================== - This is the first snapshot of the new HID version of PCB. HID, which stands for Human Interface Device is the abstraction created by DJ Delorie which seperates the core PCB code from the graphical user interface. In this release, two GUI HID's are supported, gtk and lesstif. In addition, there are HID exporters for postscript and encapsulated postscript, RS-274-X (gerber), bill of materials, centroid file, and png/gif/jpeg. This represents a major restructuring of the code and many months of work.

- PCB's actions (the commands which drive the core of the program and
  may be directly accessed by the user) now have the documentation in-line
  in the code and the actions reference section of the manual is
  extracted from the in-line documentation.  The goal it to provide more
  complete and accurate documentation.  As always the manual is still
  a work in progress but it is getting more complete and up to date.

- Fixed a long standing segfault when saving connection data

- Fixed a DRC bug

- Fix some rounding issues when setting sizes.  Hopefully this will address
  the issue with 23.99 mil drills and related problems.

- The html manual is now in one file instead of many files

- The lesstif HID now supports loading of background images to help
  recover a layout which may exist in hardcopy form only.